If you are thinking about going “green” with your home’s flooring, you are making a great choice! “Green” flooring is more than just flooring made from renewable resources. It is flooring that can also be recycled and has a variety of other benefits that make it a wonderful choice for the environmentally-friendly home.
Not only will you have the satisfaction of knowing that you are lessening your footprint on the environment, you can also save a significant amount of money on energy costs over time. Here are some tips to help you go “green” with your floors and save money, too!
- Cork flooring is made from the bark of cork oak trees, which means it grows back after it is removed. This type of flooring naturally repels bugs and mold. It also provides insulation from the cold and the heat of the different seasons.
- Hardwood flooring comes from the hard wood of different trees. It can be recycled with ease when it is removed and used in other products. To ensure that your hardwood floors are “green,” make sure they come from forests managed by the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Natural stone flooring is another eco-friendly type of flooring. The different types of stones are constantly being created by natural processes. This type of flooring can also be recycled when removed and used in other products.
- Bamboo flooring comes from plants that have a harvest cycle of three to five years. This means it is a very renewable source. However, you must remember that formaldehyde is used in making some types of bamboo flooring, so ask your dealer about emissions before making your purchase.
- Finally, eco-friendly carpeting, such as sea grass and wool, will provide you with the comfort of carpeting without the harmful toxicity of regular carpeting.
When choosing any type of “green” flooring, do your research and ask lots of questions to ensure that your flooring is as “green” as you can get!
For all of your Denver Hardwood Flooring needs visit our site today.